Thursday, March 19, 2015

This is cool.

Honest moment:
Tonight, I was feeling a bit down. Missing some friends, just...out of it. 
I watched some movies, & afterwards, I wanted to go sit on my phone. I felt I should do a study (which I've never really done before by myself) but I said 'nah, it's too late, I'm just gonna go on my phone'.
Woah. Hold up there! 

Too late for bible time, but not too late for Facebook??

That's wrong. In my book, it is. 
Soooooo, after that thought, I suddenly had this urge to get my bible & notebook out, & go for it. 

{but what do I do, where do I start?}

Well, I wanted to find a verse or 2 that went along with why I was feeling down tonight. 
Proverbs 3:5-6 came to me: 
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, & lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge Him, & He will make straight your paths."

And then words started coming from my head, & onto my journal, & I wanted to share them:

"...with all your heart..."
That means no wavering. It means, that with your whole heart, you have no doubt; it's that you know that HE knows what's best for YOU.

"...do not lean on your own understanding..."
It means just what it says. Trust God...with all your heart. Not only a little...but ALL of it. 
Then don't lean on your own understanding. Because in reality, we are nothing without Him. Leaning on your own understanding means you aren't trusting Christ. You're doing just the opposite. 

"...in all your ways acknowledge Him, & He will make straight your paths..."
Pretty self-explanatory. 
He'll make your paths straight- it doesn't mean it'll always be easy, but He will guide you!

[ footnotes for verse 6: "Thus says the LORD: "Let not the wise man boast in his wisdom, let not the mighty man boast in his might, let not the rich man boast in his riches, but let him who boasts boast in this, that he understands and knows me, that I am the LORD who practices steadfast love, justice, and righteousness in the earth. For in these things I delight, declares the LORD." Jeremiah 9:23-24]

We have nothing to boast in. 
Except Christ!!!

"For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,
not a result of works, so that no one may boast."
Ephesians 2:8-9

And one more footnote that went along with verse 6, that I think is really good: 

"And you, Solomon my son, know the God of your father and serve him with a whole heart and with a willing mind, for the LORD searches all hearts and understands every plan and thought. If you seek him, he will be found by you, but if you forsake him, he will cast you off forever." 1 Chronicles 28:9


So there it is guys. 
Hopefully it made sense. 
I pray that I will remember this, & fully 100% trust in my Savior. He knows far better than I ever will. 
I also pray that this will speak to y'all & be an encouragement. God's word is powerful. Our God is amazing. 

See....if I would've chosen to pout & go sit on my phone, this post would not be here right now. I wouldn't of felt any better, because c'mon guys...let's be honest....our phones & social media apps don't 'heal' us or give us peace. Don't get me wrong, they aren't bad! It's totally okay to be on your phone. But my point I'm getting at is this: what's the better/wiser choice? 
I just figured that out tonight. 
My phone will not be here forever. 
God's word will be. 
My phone doesn't bring me 'true' peace.
God gives us true peace. A 'peace that surpasses all understanding.'

Anywho. 
Hope y'all have a blessed weekend!

Hay




No comments:

Post a Comment