Monday, July 28, 2014

The most amazing week of my life.

Two weeks ago, I went to Worldview Academy. It was my 2nd year.
It was the best week of my life. No...it was life-changing, and the most amazing week of MY.LIFE.
I was amazed at how God worked in me, and in the other students. The worship, was like no other, seeing all these teenagers just on fire for Him. The small group times, were fantastic, and I miss them so much. The staff....there are no words to describe how amazing they were. All of them. So. amazing. The speakers...also amazing. God totally blessed me, and all of the students, that week.

I was so excited to go to camp. Although, I was struggling with my faith, and different things before I went, I had come, willing to share...to try and find answers.
Honestly, part of me didn't want to 'fix' what I was dealing with. I wasn't really caring what God had thought about what choices I was making. Nothing really bad, but in His eyes, they weren't okay. I started becoming 'worldly'. Wanting to go down that path. I had never known where I was going when I died. Part of me was worried...part of me wasn't.
I talked to my small group leader, and told her all that. And for some reason, there was still something wrong. But I couldn't figure out for the life of me what it was! Something was 'blocking' me. What was it??
The next day, July 16th, I was still struggling. That evening, we all did worship. This part of a song hit me-- "Scars and struggles on the way, but with joy our hearts can say, yes our hearts can say: Never once did we ever walk alone. Never once did you leave us on our own. You are faithful, God you are faithful."
Even though I was struggling, I sorta knew God was there....and we had sung this song at the beginning of the week too, but for some reason, it hit me that night. I'm not really sure how. I'll say, that actually, God tugged my at heart.
 I went and talked to my small group leader again. Still...something was missing!
After letting all out which had been hidden, I said out loud....'what if I never was truly saved?'
She asked if I wanted to be. Part of me didn't want to because I had tried so much before, and it 'never worked.' But through the next...oh 10 minutes, God kept softening my heart, I guess you could say. I still had doubts that it wouldn't work. But....God knows way better than I do.
Fast forward to 11:20 that night. My small group leader and I were out on a balcony, under the stars.

And that's where I accepted Christ. For Him to take control of my life. To trust in Him. Knowing that He knows what's best for me. Jesus Christ, saved me. He.saved.me. Wow. Just wow.
I've been set free. I felt like a burden was lifted off of me.
It felt a bit different that night, but the next morning, I had joy. TRUE JOY. That only comes from Christ.
Looking back to the first couple days of camp, I was 'happy' yet something was missing. After I got saved, the last few days of camp were a blast. Because I had joy. Because Christ had saved me. Things were making sense. I actually wanted to read my bible more so than before. It was and is amazing!!
One of the speakers said this- "Its relationship, not religion." I believe that 100%. We have relationship with our Savior. Isn't that amazing?!

I thank God for what He did that week. It truly was the best week of my life.
Worldview Academy is truly amazing, and "there is simply no leadership camp like it in America."
I am so blessed God sent me there 2 years in a row. Everything about it, is awesome.

Yes... the road now, is not all peaches and cream. Satan tries to steal my joy, he gives me doubts and fears, but I have the power of the Holy Spirit now. "Its no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me." I shouldn't doubt where I'm going when I die, because I KNOW where I'll go. I get to spend eternity with my Lord and Savior!

To be honest, I actually wrote this post because I was struggling with some things, and really missing Worldview and all the people. I wrote it to remind myself how amazing my God is, and what He did for me. And to show whoever reading this, how amazing He is, and that, whatever situation you're in, if it feels like there is no way out...there is. Place your trust in Him, knowing that HE knows what is best. Surrender, repent, and live your life for His glory. No, it won't always be easy, I'll be honest with you. But He will always be there for you, and He will 'never leave nor forsake you.'

Why do I follow Christ? Because I am nothing without Him. I can't do anything without Him. I NEED Him. Every hour, every day, all the time.
I have hope. Hope in a great Savior who will never leave me. Hope in eternal life spent with HIM.
Amazing??? YES!!!
I also wrote this to say--if you've never been to Worldview Academy.....GOOOO!!!! It is so worth it. Trust me. It may change your life. God will do amazing things.

"And you were dead in the trespasses and sins in which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience— among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind. But  God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you have been saved— and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, so that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. 10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them." ||Ephesians 2:1-10||

All glory be to God!!!
Hay

No comments:

Post a Comment