Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Fostering...

Oh boy.
So, I'm writing about this tonight, because we are about to get our 2nd placement.
But let me not get too far ahead of myself.
Lets back up to June 2013.
We first started fostering then. We got a call for a 3 year old girl, and a 1 year old boy.
Now, before I go on.... when I was younger, I never wanted to foster, because I KNEW we'd have to let kids go. I was scared. How selfish of me! Here, these kids have no one, and I'm scared. I mean, you can have a reason to be scared, but if I would've ran with my fears, and not of done it.... I would've missed out on SO much. Seriously.
Well, we jumped into it, and I was so excited. We got the kiddos, and it was probably the best 7 months of my life. I will never forget it. Yes, there were hard and tough times, we had to 'give up' the comforts of quiet nights, clean rooms, and go to messy rooms, crying kids at night, tons of laundry, but you know what? I don't care. I had to do this for these kids. Let me rephrase that...... I GOT to do it for these kids.
Scoot forward to a month or so, ago. Those little kiddos we had.....moved on to get adopted. We were hoping we could adopt them, but God has other plans in mind. Looking back, I miss everything. The laundry, the baths, dirty dishes, poopy diapers, their laughter, the smiles, all of it!
Now.....do you see what would've happened if I would've ran with my fears?? Those 7 months would've been nothing like they were if we hadn't fostered. Fostering was amazing. I'm telling ya.
Well, lets jump ahead to today. We are getting a 3 year old boy, tonight. Am I a little scared? Yes. Am I going to let that stop me? NO. I will miss out on so much if I go to the 'fear' side.
I just need my focus and trust in HIM. He has it all planned out. This will be a journey, it will be tough, but I need to remember that in the long run.. who gets the glory for all this? Jesus Christ. He put us here for a reason. If that reason be bringing kids we don't even know into our home, live here for however long, and either adopting them, or sending them on, then so be it. He has it all planned out. And boy does He have it planned out well.
So, here we go....on a new journey.
We'll see what happens. I need to remember its all for Him, and furthering His Kingdom.
I'll keep you posted on what happens.
Just remember. Face the fears. Trust.in.Him.
Romans 8:28-"And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose."

Hay

No comments:

Post a Comment